Quick Reviews of The Best 5 Brain Enhancers
Nootropics are supplements and medications used to enhance brain health and function. They are also called smart pills, because they can boost mental/thinking power.
There are some FDA-approved prescription-only nootropics, but those are used for serious conditions like Alzheimer's disease and memory loss. Alternatively, there are many natural brain enhancement supplements that many young and old people are using to boost their brain function.
Over-the-counter brain enhancers are formulations of vitamins, amino acids, organic nutrients and herbal brain tonic agents. They are taken as dietary supplements and work for long-term enhancement of brain cells, nervous system and mental well-being.
The following are quick reviews of five of the best over-the-counter brain boosters that can benefit both men and women.
#1. Brain Pill
Brain Pill is a powerful brain-boosting formula made from herbal extracts, vitamins and natural substances that have been shown to improve the health and function of the brain. It can help enhance your working memory, boost your mood, increase focus, and reduce stress. Brain Pill is one of the best natural nootropics to try.
Ingredients: Cognizin (250mg), DHA Complex (Omega-3 Fish Oil Powder) (100mg), Folic Acid (Vitamin B9) (400mcg), Ginkgo Biloba Extract (100mg), Huperzia Serrata Extract (1% Huperzine A) (5mg), L-Theanine (100mg), L-Tyrosine (175mg), Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) (30mg), Phosphatidylserine (100mg), Synapsa (Bacopa Monniera) (320mg), Vinpocetine (5mg), Vitamin B6 (5mg), Vitamin B12 (50mcg).
Usage: The daily serving is 2 capsules; 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon with a glass of water. You can take it with food but you may notice better results on an empty stomach.
Price: $79.99 per box (60 capsules).
- Clinically proven ingredients and doctor approved formula.
- A natural supplement with no known side effects.
- Contains several herbs that are effective for most people (men and women).
- Made in the USA in cGMP-compliant facility.
- Reputable manufacturer and good customer service.
- It may take a while to notice improvement (like a few days).
- It won't really make you smarter, but more focused and vitalized.
- Expensive brand-name product.
Where to Buy? Official Brain Pill Website
For more information see the full Brain Pill Review.
#2. Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is said to be a "universal nootropic". It contains 11 natural ingredients that work to enhance different mental processes and cognitive functions. I would recommend Mind Lab Pro for anyone looking for a moderate, day-to-day focus and mental enhancer that doesn't mess up your brain chemicals. Students, professionals, athletes, and older people have used Mind Lab Pro for better focus, clarity of mind, and performance.
Ingredients: Bacopa Monnieri (45% bacosides) (150mg), Cognizin (Citicoline) (250mg), Lion's Mane Mushroom (500mg), Pterocarpus Extract (90% Pterostilbene) (500mcg), Rhodiola Rosea Extract (50mg), Sharp PS (Phosphatidylserine) (100mg), Suntheanine (L-Theanine) (100mg), Tyrosine (175mg), Vinpocetine (6mg), Vitamin B6 (2.5mg), Vitamin B12 (7.5mcg).
Usage: For normal everyday use, take 2 capsules in the morning or afternoon - food is optional but recommended. For maximum effect you can increase dosage up to 4 capsules a day.
Price: $65 per box (60 capsules).
- Contains a selection of the best brain boosting nutrients.
- Quality product and ingredients.
- A natural supplement that any adult can use safely.
- Vegan product that is free from gluten, GMOs, and allergens.
- Does not contain caffeine, additives, or useless fillers.
- Purity-tested and manufactured in Texas, USA.
- A little pricey.
- Only email support - no phone number.
Where to Buy? Official Mind Lab Pro Website
For more information see the full Mind Lab Pro Review.
Lumonol is a nutritional cognitive booster pill with a variety of memory, focus and energy enhancing ingredients. The formula is mainly powered by Noopept, a powerful nootropic that is used as a medication for cognitive problems and a general focus enhancer.
Ingredients: Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Alpha GPC, Ginkgo Biloba, Guarana, Hordenine, L-Tyrosine, Noopept, Panax Ginseng, Phosphatidylserine, Vitamin B12.
Usage: The recommended dosage is 2 capsules a day. You can either take the 2 in the morning, or 1 with breakfast and 1 with launch. You may also take additional capsules during the day as needed, but don't take more than 4 capsules within 24 hours. Avoid taking it at night as it may cause sleeplessness.
Price: $59.97 per bottle (60 capsules).
- Lumonol contains Noopept - one of the most potent and widely-used nootropics.
- Additionally, it contains several effective ingredients for focus and memory.
- Fast-acting. Normally starts working within an hour.
- Recommended for short-term brain boost.
- No known side effects if used as instructed.
- Quality product that is manufactured in the USA.
- It is a proprietary formula, so they don't disclose the exact dosage of each individual ingredient.
- Noopept is considered a drug in some countries. There are no studies on its long-term safety.
- May cause insomnia if taken late.
Where to Buy? Official Lumonol Website
For more information see the full Lumonol Review.
CILTEP is a natural nootropic formula that is built around Artichoke Extract and Forskolin. CILTEP was developed by supplement enthusiasts seeking an herbal alternative to PDE4 inhibitors (drugs studied for improving memory, reducing neuronal damage, and reducing inflammation). Although the scientific evidence for CILTEP's key ingredients is poor, some consumers swear it helped them improve concentration and mental performance. Whether it has real benefits or it's just a placebo effect is hard to tell without a clinical study, but I think it's worth trying.
Ingredients: Acetyl-L-Carnitine (750mg), Artichoke Extract (900mg), Coleus Forskohlii Extract (Forskolin) (20mg), L-Phenylalanine (500mg), Vitamin B6 (5mg).
Usage: Take 3 capsules in the morning about 30 minutes before breakfast.
Price: $42.95 per bottle (60 capsules).
- It is a safe dietary supplement, not an aggressive stimulant.
- Well-tolerated, vegan capsules.
- Works well with other nootropics, such as racetams (piracetam and aniracetam).
- Does not produce unpleasant side effects, typically.
- The effect is subtle and you may not notice much improvement.
- Lacks scientific evidence to support the claims.
- Expensive ($43 for 20 servings).
Where to Buy? Official CILTEP Website
BrainSense is a nutritional supplement used to improve cognitive performance and thinking ability. It can help you sharpen your memory, increase concentration, and boost your cognitive skills. Worth trying if you are looking for a safe nootropic for daily use.
Ingredients: Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Blueberry Extract, Panax Ginseng, Phosphatidyl Serine, Vitamin B12.
Usage: It should be taken daily; you can take 2 capsules at once, or 1 capsule in the morning and another in the afternoon - with or without a meal.
Price: $74.99 per bottle (60 capsules).
- Contains 100% natural ingredients.
- Good product for long-term brain support.
- Doesn't have any noticeable side effects.
- Made in the USA.
- It's a new product without much feedback so far.
- Advertising claims seem a bit taller than what the ingredients can deliver.
- It's not a quick fix, so don't expect any instant results.
- Very expensive for what you get.
Where to Buy? Official BrainSense Website