Natural Nootropic Review: Brain Pill
The brain is the most prized organ in the human body. Besides controlling all biological functions of your body, your brain is your Central Intelligence Apparatus (CIA) -- pun intended. Intellectual ability and mental skills vary from one person to another based on different factors, like genetics, "training" (learning), and lifestyle.
Your diet can also affect your mental health and function, and throughout history people have always searched for foods and herbs to support their brain power. There are no magic potions that will dramatically boost your mental ability and make you the next Einstein, however, there are many nootropic supplements that millions of people are taking to enhance their brain function, memory, and get smarter, so to speak. This is my review of one of the promising natural brain supplements for men and women called Brain Pill.
So, What Is This Brain Pill?
Brain Pill is a nutritional supplement that works as a nootropic, aka cognitive enhancer, or smart pill. It is not a medication for any specific health condition, but an herbal formula that users take to improve brain health, mental clarity, focus and memory.
Natural Formula With Cognizin & Synapsa
Cognizin and Synapsa are the two most prominent ingredients in this pre-made natural nootropic stack. So what are these two compounds?
Cognizin is a branded form of citicoline, which is a naturally-occurring chemical that is found in body cells, and particularly in the brain.
When taken as supplement, Cognizin has been clinically shown to increase the density of dopamine and acetylcholine receptors in brain cells. It helps improve brain function, focus and mental energy. Cognizin supplementation may also reduce neuronal damage and memory decline.
In the following video, Danielle Citrolo, PharmD, talks about the benefits of Cognizin (citicoline).
And here is a news report (Bay News 9) that features Cognizin.
Synapsa is a patented, standardized form of bacopa monnieri extract. Bacopa monnieri has been used in traditional medicine for centuries to improve mental performance and enhance memory.
Synapsa (bacopa monnieri) has been the subject of several clinical studies, and it has been proven to help thinking, learning and working memory. It also has an anxiolytic effect (reduces anxiety).
Bacopa monnieri naturally supports brain health in aging people, but it also works for young men and women. The following video by Dr. James Meschino explains more about the benefits of bacopa monnieri.
In addition to Cognizin and Synapsa, Brain Pill contains 11 more ingredients with established mental benefits (find full list of ingredients below). This herbal blend is one of the most effective you can find, as far as natural nootropics go.
Head over to the official Brain Pill website if you are interested in ordering it online, or keep reading to learn more about this supplement and how it works.
What Are The Benefits of Brain Pill?
Each consumer may have different reasons or objectives for using nootropics. Generally, you can expect to gain the following results as you take the pill on a daily basis.
- Better memory, both short-term and long-term. You may notice improved capability to memorize and remember things.
- Improves cognitive function and performance. Better cognitive skills will help you learn and solve problems.
- Combats brain fog/fatigue and increases your level of mental clarity.
- Improves your focus and concentration, which leads to increased productivity and efficacy.
- Stabilizes and enhances mood, which makes you happier and more motivated.
It may work differently for each user, but at its best, these are the benefits you'd be experiencing to some extent. Herbal supplementation works better when combined with a healthy and active lifestyle. So, if you are a couch potato, no quick-fix pill will help much!
How Effective Is It?
Well, that depends. First off, it is a common trait of herbal supplements that results vary for each individual.
There are a lot of individual factors that affect your brain function, and while some users may see significant improvement with Brain Pill, it may produce little to no benefit for others.
Brain Pill is helpful if you are looking to support your mental health naturally. The effects are rather mild but may slowly build up with extended use. Don't expect any significant instant results similar to what people get with simulant drugs like Adderall, Ritalin, Vyvanse, etc.
I'd rate this supplement as better than coffee, but not as effective as stimulant drugs, which are taken for ADHD and other serious conditions.
I can tell you that it is a real product and that its ingredients have worked for many people, but to tell how effective it is for you, you need to try it and see for yourself. If you are a beginner nootropic user, this is definitely a good and safe product to start with.
Does It Work For ADHD?
Although some of the ingredients have shown promise in clinical trials for conditions like ADHD, memory loss, and Alzheimer's disease...please note that this supplement is not considered a treatment for any health condition. Talk to your doctor if you have a health problem or if you are looking for a natural alternative to your prescription medication.
What Are The Ingredients of Brain Pill?
- Cognizin: This patented compound delivers a natural nutrient called citicoline, which has been clinically proven to increase brain sharpness and energy, and decrease brain tissue damage.
- DHA Complex: DHA contains a type of Omega-3 fatty acid. It supports brain health and performance.
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9): There are many health benefits of folic acid and people take it for several conditions. Some studies showed that it helps keep mental balance and heal brain injuries.
- Ginkgo Biloba: Another widely-used herbal remedy. Ginkgo leaves are used in alternative medicine to improve blood flow to the brain.
- Huperzine A: A natural extract from a plant called Huperzia Serrata. Huperzine A is used to fight memory loss and boot mental ability. It is also used for Alzheimer's disease.
- L-Theanine: Theanine is an amino acid that is found in green tea. It is believed to contain neuroprotective agents and it is used to prevent Alzheimer's disease.
- L-Tyrosine: Another amino acid that is found in many protein-rich foods. Tyrosine can help increase brain energy and alertness.
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5): This vitamin is found in some foods and it is important for proper functioning of the body and the nervous system. It plays a role in the creation of a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine.
- Phosphatidylserine: A chemical that is naturally made in the body. It is also taken in supplement form to support mental function and improve thinking skills.
- Synapsa: This patented compound contains an extract of bacopa monniera (a medicinal herb used in Ayurveda). It has been clinically proven to improve learning, memory and mental performance.
- Vinpocetine: A compound that is derived from the plant vinca minor. It is used to increase blood circulation to the brain and protect brain cells against injury.
- Vitamin B12: One of the essential vitamins for the human body. Vitamin B12 is required for healthy development of the brain. It is used to enhance memory and brain health.
- Vitamin B6: This vitamin has many roles in the body, among which is supporting proper growth and functioning of the brain and nerves.
Clinical Evidence of Effectiveness
The following are some scientific citations from third-party clinical studies involving the ingredients in Brain Pill.
Synapsa (Bacopa Monnieri or B. Monniera)
Folic Acid and B Vitamins
Will I Really Become Smarter?
Although it is referred to as a smart pill, this is not some miraculous drug that will turn you into a brainiac overnight. There is only one way to become smarter, and that is learning through study and experience. No other easy shortcuts!
Brain Pill, however, can improve your concentration, mood and mental health naturally, which in turn will help you as you study, think and learn. The pill is not a magic shot for geniusness and it won't do much on its own.
The following is a promotional video of Brain Pill featuring a testimonial by Ken Jennings (Jeopardy! 74-game champion). This is of course a paid advertising testimonial, so the pill did not really make him smart.
But again, Brain Pill contains some of the best herbal remedies for boosting brain function and memory making it one of the top supplement choices for students, professionals, and any man or woman looking for a natural, non-stimulant brain enhancer.
In the following video, Dr. Dave David, a surgeon and physician in Boston, MA talks about this product.
How Long Should I Take It For?
Natural supplements are not an instant quick-fix, but rather work to enhance your health in the long run. It is recommended that you take Brain Pill for at least a couple of months before starting to notice improvement.
The recommended daily serving is two capsules; one in the morning and one in the afternoon. If that's weak for you, you can take 2 capsules in the morning and 2 in the afternoon.
Are There Any Side Effects?
There have been no reported side effects. Brain Pill is safe for use as a dietary supplement. It is an over-the-counter (OTC) pill that only contains natural FDA-approved ingredients with no concerning risks.
If you have a mental illness or you are taking other medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking supplements.
Is Brain Pill Guaranteed to Work?
Supplement manufacturers and professionals always assert the fact that results will vary from one individual to another. So, what if it doesn't work for you?
The company does offer a full money-back guarantee (excluding shipping fees) that is valid for up to 67 days from purchase day. It covers up to 2 used boxes + any unopened boxes. They require you to use the product for at least 60 days to qualify for a refund, which means only customers who order 2 boxes (2 month supply) or more are eligible to claim a refund.
They do honor their money-back guarantee, but you must follow the instructions.
Where Can I Buy Brain Pill?
You can order it directly from the official website.
Prices start from $76.99 per box. Each box contains 60 capsules and good for one month's supply. You get decent discounts on large orders (up to 12 boxes).